Details of Imposts and Bases of Columns, St Stephen's Chapel
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Details of Capitals, St Stephen's Chapel
- between 1790 and 1802
- Graphite and pen and black ink on smooth, medium thickness, white wove paper
- 6 1/16 × 4 1/8 inches (15.4 × 10.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper right: "Turn over"; in pen and black ink, lower right: "Imposts and | bases of Columns"; in graphite, upper right: "Chapel St"; inscribed on verso in pen and black ink, center: "Capitals"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | church
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | House of Commons | London | Palace of Westminster | St. Stephen's Chapel, Palace of Westminster | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Attributed to John Carter, 1748–1817, British, Details of Imposts and Bases of Columns, St Stephen's Chapel, between 1790 and 1802
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.