House of Commons and the Entrance to the House of Lords with the Office of Ordnance
- Engraving with graphite on slightly textured, medium thickness, white laid paper
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 4 5/16 × 7 1/2 inches (11 × 19.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, bottom center: "near Westminster Bridge"
Lettered, lower left: "Entrance to the House of Lords | with the Office of Ordnance"; lower right: "House of Commons"; lower left: "S. Wale del."; lower right: "C. Grignion sculpt."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | church | exterior view
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | House of Commons | House of Lords | London | Palace of Westminster | St. Stephen's Chapel, Palace of Westminster | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Charles Grignion, 1717–1810, British, House of Commons and the Entrance to the House of Lords with the Office of Ordnance, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.