Entrance to the House of Lords
- Graphite, pen and black and brown ink on moderately textured, medium thickness, white wove paper bar scale of 1/10 inch to 1 foot, approximately
- Sheet: 8 × 6 7/8 inches (20.3 × 17.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper left: "Entrance to the House of Lords"; in graphite, upper left: "Entrance to H.L. good Mature Stocks | ground flat bands Stone dressings | Cornice"; in graphite, upper right (sheet trimmed): "boards [...] | [...] yard H. | is layed over | the brickwork"; in graphite, center right: "[...] Wind: | in between"; in graphite, center right: "Roof of K Entrance | slate & sloping &c to P. Ch"; in graphite, center right: "Eng. S"; in pen and black ink, center right: "flat or English | tiles"; and more materials labeled throughout with some dimensions given; inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Entrance to the House | of Lords"; in pen and black ink, lower left: "36 feet front"; and scale labeled in graphite, lower right, numbers "1" to 12"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | exterior view
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | House of Lords | London | Palace of Westminster | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Attributed to William Capon, 1757–1827, British, Entrance to the House of Lords, 1796
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.