Villa Salviati on the Arno
- between 1796 and 1797
- Watercolor, graphite and scraping out on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper, mounted on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 1/4 x 9 1/4 inches (18.4 x 23.5 cm) and Mount: 12 3/4 x 15 inches (32.4 x 38.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on mount, lower left: "ok | <...>"; in graphite, lower right: "<...> 1/8"; in graphite, verso, on mount, lower right: "37"; in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Villa Salviati on the Arno"; in graphite, lower right: "Villa Salviati on the Arno"; in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Turner RA"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | Grand Tour | hills | landscape | river | trees | villas
- Associated Places:
- Arno | Europe | Firenze | Florence | Italy | Toscana | Villa Salviati
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, Villa Salviati on the Arno, between 1796 and 1797
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.