The Kind Proroguing Parliament
- Line engraving on smooth, moderately thick, white wove paper
- Sheet: 7 3/8 × 10 7/8 inches (18.7 × 27.6 cm), Plate: 5 3/4 × 9 inches (14.6 × 22.9 cm), and Image: 4 × 6 1/4 inches (10.2 × 15.9 cm)
Lettered, lower center: "THE KING PROROGUING PARLIAMENT, APRIL, 1831 | House of Lords, Destroyed by Fire Octr 16th 1834 | FISHER, SON & Co LONDON, 1834"; lettered, lower center: "Drawn & Engraved by H. Melville"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | House of Lords | London | Palace of Westminster | United Kingdom
- Associated People:
- William IV
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Henry Melville, active 1826–1841, British, The Kind Proroguing Parliament, 1834
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.