Plan of the Principal Story, Shewing the New Committee Rooms &c, House of Lords
- ca. 1794
- Graphite, pen and black ink, watercolor on moderately textured, moderately thick, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 19 5/8 × 16 1/8 inches (49.8 × 41 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower left: "House of Lords"; in pen and black ink, lower center: "Plan of the Principal Floor, shewing the New Committee Rooms &c"; in pen and black ink, upper right: "Plan of the First or Principal Floor"; rooms labeled in pen and black ink, throughout; and scale labeled in pen and black ink: "0", "10", "20", "30", "40", "50", "60", "70", "80", "90", "100 feet"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | plan (formal concept)
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | London | Palace of Westminster | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Attributed to office of Sir John Soane, 1753–1837, British, Plan of the Principal Story, Shewing the New Committee Rooms &c, House of Lords, ca. 1794
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.