Vol. 6, Plate XXXVII: The Coronation of Edward the Confessor. Warriors Flying for Refuge into a City.
- Part Of:
- Hand colored engraving on smooth, moderately thick, white wove paper
- Sheet: 15 1/8 × 21 7/8 inches (38.4 × 55.6 cm) and Plate: 14 3/8 × 17 5/8 inches (36.5 × 44.8 cm)
Lettered, upper center: "PLATE XXXVII"; upper right: "Vol. VI"; upper center: "15"; center: "The Coronation of Edward the Confessor"; center: "16"; lower center: "Warriors flying for refuge into a City"; lower left: "C.A. Stothard del."; lower right: "J. Basire sc."; lower center: "Published by the Society of Antiquaries of London 1842"; lettered inside image, upper center
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | coronations | historical subject
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | London | Palace of Westminster | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James Basire, 1769–1822, British, Vol. 6, Plate XXXVII: The Coronation of Edward the Confessor. Warriors Flying for Refuge into a City, 1842
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.