Vol. 6, Plate XXXVII: The Coronation of Edward the Confessor. Warriors Flying for Refuge into a City.
- Part Of:
- Hand colored engraving on smooth, moderately thick, white wove paper
- Sheet: 15 1/8 × 21 7/8 inches (38.4 × 55.6 cm) and Plate: 14 3/8 × 17 5/8 inches (36.5 × 44.8 cm)
Lettered, upper center: "PLATE XXXVII"; upper right: "Vol. VI"; upper center: "15"; center: "The Coronation of Edward the Confessor"; center: "16"; lower center: "Warriors flying for refuge into a City"; lower left: "C.A. Stothard del."; lower right: "J. Basire sc."; lower center: "Published by the Society of Antiquaries of London 1842"; lettered inside image, upper center
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | coronations | historical subject
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | London | Palace of Westminster | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James Basire the younger, 1769–1822, British, Vol. 6, Plate XXXVII: The Coronation of Edward the Confessor. Warriors Flying for Refuge into a City, 1842
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.