IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Charles James Richardson, 1806–1871, British, Sections of Room under Painted Chamber, 1827
Sections of Room under Painted Chamber
- Graphite, pen and brown ink and watercolor on slightly textured, moderately thick, white wove paper
- Sheet: 11 × 8 1/4 inches (27.9 × 21 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "Room under Painted Chamber"; in graphite, overlaid with pen and brown ink, center: "Section shewing side A"; in graphite, overlaid with pen and brown ink, lower center: "Section shewing Side B"; in graphite, lower right: "C.J. Richardson"; in graphite, lower left: "facsimile sketch | GHB presented to [?R] Gardner Collec.n by G BIRCH Esqr F.S.A."; in graphite, overlaid with pen and brown ink, center, dimensions given; in graphite and pen and brown ink, lower right: "Beam"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right: "Signed C.J.R. 1827 | March 30"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | London | Palace of Westminster | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.