IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
George Birch, 1842–1904, British, Sections of Room under Painted Chamber, 1827
Sections of Room under Painted Chamber
- Graphite, pen and brown ink and watercolor on slightly textured, moderately thick, white wove paper
- Sheet: 10 3/4 × 8 3/8 inches (27.3 × 21.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "Room under Painted Chamber"; in graphite, center: "Section shewing Side C"; in graphite, center: "Section shewing Side D"; in graphite, lower right: "presented to the Gardner | Collection | by G. Birch Esq. F.S.A."
Signed in graphite, lower left: "Fac. simile copy | GHB"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | London | Palace of Westminster | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.