Sections of Room under Painted Chamber
- Graphite, pen and brown ink and watercolor on slightly textured, moderately thick, white wove paper
- Sheet: 10 3/4 × 8 3/8 inches (27.3 × 21.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "Room under Painted Chamber"; in graphite, center: "Section shewing Side C"; in graphite, center: "Section shewing Side D"; in graphite, lower right: "presented to the Gardner | Collection | by G. Birch Esq. F.S.A."
Signed in graphite, lower left: "Fac. simile copy | GHB"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | London | Palace of Westminster | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
George Birch, 1842–1904, British, Sections of Room under Painted Chamber, 1827
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.