IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by unknown artist, Destruction of the Houses of Parliament, Oct 16th, 1834, as Seen from Henry VIIth's Chapel, undated
Destruction of the Houses of Parliament, Oct 16th, 1834, as Seen from Henry VIIth's Chapel
- Lithograph on smooth, moderately thick, white wove paper
- Sheet: 12 3/4 × 17 3/4 inches (32.4 × 45.1 cm), Image: 9 13/16 × 15 inches (24.9 × 38.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite on verso, lower right: "[?CR]"
Lettered lower left: "From a Sketch by F. Pickering"; lower center: "DESTRUCTION OF THE HOUSES OF PARLIAMENT. | Oct, 16th, 1834, as seen from Henry VIIth's Chapel | Published by Charles Tilt, 86 Fleet St London | Ducole & Stephen's Lithog.y 70 St Martin's Lane"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | historical subject
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | London | Palace of Westminster | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.