Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, From the Isola Borromena, Lago Maggiore, ca. 1795
From the Isola Borromena, Lago Maggiore
- ca. 1795
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 7/8 x 9 inches (14.9 x 22.9 cm)
Inscribed on verso in gray watercolor, lower right: "56"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | Grand Tour | hills | island | lakes | landscape | marine art | mountains | sails
- Associated Places:
- Borromean Gulf | Borromean Islands | Europe | Italy | Maggiore, Lago | Novara | Piedmont | Stresa
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.