IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by William Henry Toms, ca. 1700–ca. 1750, British, The South-East Prospect of King Henry The VII's Chapel at Westminster, 1739
The South-East Prospect of King Henry The VII's Chapel at Westminster
- Line engraving on moderately textured, medium, white laid paper
- Sheet: 11 7/8 × 13 inches (30.2 × 33 cm), Plate: 10 7/8 × 12 1/4 inches (27.6 × 31.1 cm)
Lettered, upper center: "THE SOUTH-EAST PROSPECT OF KING HENRY VII's CHAPEL AT WESTMINSTER"; lower left: "To the Right Reverend | Joseph Lord Bishop of Rochester | Dean of the Collegiate Church of St Peter's Westminster; | And Dean of the most Hon. Order of the BATH. | This Plate is humbly Inscribed by the Proprietors Rob: West, & W:m H. Toms. | R. West - delin. 1737. W.H. Toms Sculp - Published March 18, 1739"; lower right, extensive lettering stating the history of the chapel
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | London | Palace of Westminster | United Kingdom | Westminster Abbey
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.