View of the East End of Henry VIIth Chapel as Restored in 1813
- Materials & Techniques:
- Line engraving on smooth, moderately thick, white wove paper
- Sheet: 23 1/2 × 17 5/8 inches (59.7 × 44.8 cm), Plate: 19 7/8 × 15 3/16 inches (50.5 × 38.6 cm), Image: 17 9/16 × 14 1/4 inches (44.6 × 36.2 cm)
Lettered, lower center: "This View of the EAST END OF HENRY VIITH CHAPEL as restored in 1813 | taken from the House of Commons at an Elevated station of 10 1/2 feet from the Pavement | is with permission humbly dedicated to the very REV.D WLLIAM VINCENT D.D. DEAN of WESTMINSTER by his much obliged & devoted Servt Geo Hawkins | London Published March 1st 1814 by Geo Hawkins No 11 Queen Street Golden Squ.e"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | London | Palace of Westminster | United Kingdom | Westminster Abbey
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by George Hawkins, active 1795–1810, British, View of the East End of Henry VIIth Chapel as Restored in 1813, 1814
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.