- Fishing Boats at Hastings
- Etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 12 3/8 x 16 11/16 inches (31.4 x 42.4 cm), Plate: 7 9/16 x 10 13/16 inches (19.2 x 27.5 cm), and Image: 6 9/16 x 10 1/16 inches (16.7 x 25.6 cm)
Lettered in black ink, within print, lower left: "J. D. 82"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Janet and James Sale, Yale BA 1960
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- barrels (containers) | beach | beams (structural elements) | boats | buildings | channel (water body component) | cityscape | coast | fishermen (people) | fishing | genre subject | industry | labor | marine art | masts | men | mountains | pulleys | sailboats | sails | sea | seamen | shore (landform) | tools | town | village | workers | working
- Associated Places:
- East Sussex | England | English Channel | Europe | Hastings | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James Dobie, 1849–1911, British, Fishing Boats at Hastings, 1882
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.