One Way to Stop Your Horse
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: One Way to Stop Your Horse
- Watercolor and graphite with pen and brown ink and pen and gray ink on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Mount: 4 3/8 x 4 5/8 inches (11.1 x 11.7 cm) and Sheet: 2 3/4 x 2 7/8 inches (7 x 7.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen and gray ink, lower center: "One way to stop your Horse."; verso: in graphite, upper center: "B"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boots, riding | carriage | genre subject | riding crop | satire
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, One Way to Stop Your Horse, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.