One Way to Stop Your Horse
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: One Way to Stop Your Horse
- Watercolor and graphite with pen and brown ink and pen and gray ink on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- 4 3/8 x 4 5/8 inches (11.1 x 11.7 cm) and 2 3/4 x 2 7/8 inches (7 x 7.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen and gray ink, lower center: "One way to stop your Horse."; verso: in graphite, upper center: "B"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boots, riding | carriage | genre subject | horse (animal) | riding crop | satire
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, One Way to Stop Your Horse, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.