- How to Ride Genteel and Agreeably Downhill
- Watercolor and graphite with pen and red-brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Mount: 4 3/16 x 4 5/16 inches (10.6 x 11 cm) and Sheet: 2 3/4 x 2 13/16 inches (7 x 7.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and gray ink, lower center: "How to ride genteel and agreeable downhill", in graphite, verso: upper lower "C"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bit (bridle component) | bridle | genre subject | hat | horse (animal) | man | reins | riding crop | rocks (landforms)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, How to Ride Genteel and Agreeably Downhill, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.