How to Ride Genteel and Agreeably Downhill
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Graphite Tracing of Horse Rider
- Watercolor and graphite with pen and red-brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Mount: 4 3/16 x 4 5/16 inches (10.6 x 11 cm) and Sheet: 2 3/4 x 2 13/16 inches (7 x 7.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and gray ink, lower center: "How to ride genteel and agreeable downhill", in graphite, verso: upper lower "C"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bit (bridle component) | bridle | genre subject | hat | horse (animal) | man | reins | riding crop | rocks (landforms)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, How to Ride Genteel and Agreeably Downhill, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.