Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, The Vicar of Wakefield: Frontispiece, 1817
The Vicar of Wakefield: Frontispiece
- Watercolor, with pen and red-brown ink; verso: graphite on medium, smooth, blued white, wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/2 x 4 5/8 inches (16.5 x 11.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "T. Rowlandson"
Watermark: Smith & [?]
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bonnets (caps) | child | genre subject | hats | men | poor | vicar | women
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | United Kingdom | Wakefield | Yorkshire
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.