IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, The Vicar of Wakefield: Frontispiece, 1817
The Vicar of Wakefield: Frontispiece
- Watercolor, with pen and red-brown ink; verso: graphite on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/2 x 4 5/8 inches (16.5 x 11.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "T. Rowlandson"
Watermark: Smith & [?]
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bonnets (caps) | child | genre subject | hats | men | poor | vicar | women
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | United Kingdom | Wakefield | Yorkshire
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Rowlandson Drawings from the Paul Mellon Collection (Royal Academy of Arts, 1978-03-04 - 1978-05-28) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Rowlandson Drawings from the Paul Mellon Collection (Yale Center for British Art, 1977-11-16 - 1978-01-15) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.