- The Vicar of Wakefield: The Dance
- ca. 1817
- Watercolor, with pen, and brown and red-brown ink; verso: graphite on medium, smooth, blued white wove paper
- Sheet: 4 1/2 x 7 1/2 inches (11.4 x 19.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "T. Rowlandson."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- children | crowd | dance | dogs (animals) | genre subject | houses | landscape | men | musicians | trees | vicar | women
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | United Kingdom | Wakefield | Yorkshire
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, The Vicar of Wakefield: The Dance, ca. 1817
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.