The Vicar of Wakefield: The Vicar's Family on the Road to Church
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Graphite Tracing in Reverse of Recto Design
- ca. 1817
- Watercolor, with pen and brown and red-brown ink; verso: graphite on medium, smooth, blued white wove paper
- 4 1/2 x 7 1/2 inches (11.4 x 19.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "T. Rowlandson"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- children | church | family | genre subject | hats | horses (animals) | houses | landscape | men | road | trees | vicar | women
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | United Kingdom | Wakefield | Yorkshire
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, The Vicar of Wakefield: The Vicar's Family on the Road to Church, ca. 1817
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.