- The Vicar of Wakefield: Attendance on a Nobleman
- ca. 1817
- Watercolor, with pen and gray-brown and red-brown ink, over graphite on medium, smooth, blued white wove paper
- Sheet: 4 1/2 x 7 3/8 inches (11.4 x 18.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "T. Rowlandson"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- carriage | genre subject | hats | horses (animals) | men | nobleman | riding crop | vicar | wheels
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | United Kingdom | Wakefield | Yorkshire
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, The Vicar of Wakefield: Attendance on a Nobleman, ca. 1817
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.