The Vicar of Wakefield: The Vicar Preaching to the Prisoners
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Graphite Tracing in Reverse of Recto Design
- ca. 1817
- Watercolor with pen and ink on medium, smooth, blued white wove paper
- Sheet: 4 9/16 x 7 1/4 inches (11.6 x 18.4 cm)
Inscribed in pen with gray ink, lower left: "T. Rowlandson."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- books | crowd | genre subject | men | pipe (smoking equipment) | prisoners | shackles | smoking (activity) | table (support furniture) | vicar | women
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | United Kingdom | Wakefield | Yorkshire
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, The Vicar of Wakefield: The Vicar Preaching to the Prisoners, ca. 1817
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.