Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, Fruit and Nut Picking, undated
Fruit and Nut Picking
- Additional Title(s):
Picnic in the Wood with Figures
- Watercolor with pen and brown ink on medium, smooth, cream wove paper, mounted on thick board support
- Sheet: 4 1/8 x 6 5/8 inches (10.5 x 16.8 cm)
Signed in graphite, lower left: "-Rowlandson-"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- baskets | dog (animal) | food | fruit | genre subject | men | nuts (plant materials) | picking | trees | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.