- Dr Syntax Alarmed by a Whale
- Watercolor with pen and red-brown ink over graphite; verso, lower left: splotches of red, green and blue watercolor on medium, moderately textured, beige, wove paper
- Sheet: 5 5/8 x 9 inches (14.3 x 22.9 cm)
Inscribed in pen in black ink, lower right: "Dr. Syntax alarmed by a Whale"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- elderly | genre subject | hat | hills | horse (animal) | man | marine art | village | water | wig
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, Dr Syntax Alarmed by a Whale, 1812
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.