- Whistler in his studio on the rue Notre-Dame-des-Champs, Paris
- Albumen print on thin, smooth, white wove paper
- Sheet: 7 3/4 x 10 1/4 inches (19.7 x 26 cm) and Mount: 14 × 17 inches (35.6 × 43.2 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "a39214 | [...] set of 3"
Embossed: "DORNAC | 34 | R. CASSENDI | REP. INTERD."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Robert N. Whittemore, Yale BS 1943
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | blankets | bookcase | bridge (built work) | buttons | chair | coat | couch | eyeglasses | floorboards | Japonism | man | monocle | monocle | moon | painter | painting (visual work) | portrait | printing press | printmaker | river | screen | screen (furniture) | shoes | socks | studio (work space) | tie | trousers | vest
- Associated Places:
- Europe | France | Montparnasse | Paris
- Associated People:
- Whistler, James Abbott McNeill (1834–1903), painter and printmaker
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Paul François Arnold Cardon, called "Dornac", 1859–1941, French, Whistler in his studio on the rue Notre-Dame-des-Champs, Paris, 1893
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.