Whistler in his studio on the rue Notre-Dame-des-Champs, Paris
- Former Title(s):
Whistler Seated on a Couch in His Paris (rue Notre-Dame-des-Champs) Studio
- Albumen print on thin, smooth, white wove paper
- Sheet: 7 3/4 x 10 1/4 inches (19.7 x 26 cm) and Mount: 14 × 17 inches (35.6 × 43.2 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "a39214 | [...] set of 3"
Embossed: "DORNAC | 34 | R. CASSENDI | REP. INTERD."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Robert N. Whittemore, Yale BS 1943
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | blankets | bookcase | bridge (built work) | buttons | chair | coat | couch | eyeglasses | floorboards | Japonism | man | monocle | monocle | moon | painter | painting (visual work) | portrait | printing press | printmaker | river | screen | screen (furniture) | shoes | socks | studio (work space) | tie | trousers | vest
- Associated Places:
- Europe | France | Montparnasse | Paris
- Associated People:
- Whistler, James Abbott McNeill (1834–1903), painter and printmaker
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Paul François Arnold Cardon, called "Dornac", 1859–1941, French, Whistler in his studio on the rue Notre-Dame-des-Champs, Paris, 1893
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.