James McNeill Whistler, 1834–1903, American, active in Britain (from 1859), Bibi L'alouette, 1859
- Etching and drypoint, printed from canceled plate on medium, smooth, cream laid paper
- 10 1/2 x 7 1/2 inches (26.7 x 19.1 cm), 9 x 6 inches (22.9 x 15.2 cm), and 9 x 6 inches (22.9 x 15.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "No value"
Lettered inside image, lower right: "Whistler. 1859."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Robert N. Whittemore, Yale BS 1943
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- child | collar | girl | lace | portrait | smock
- Associated People:
- l'Alouette, Bibi
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.