- The Storm
- Etching and drypoint on thin, smooth, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 1/2 x 15 5/8 inches (26.7 x 39.7 cm), Plate: 6 1/8 x 11 1/4 inches (15.6 x 28.6 cm), and Image: 6 1/8 x 11 1/4 inches (15.6 x 28.6 cm)
Lettered inside image, lower right: "Whistler | 1861"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Robert N. Whittemore, Yale BS 1943
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- crouching | field | grass | hat | jacket | landscape | man | meteorology | rain | scarf | science | storm | trees | trousers
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
James McNeill Whistler, 1834–1903, American, active in Britain (from 1859), The Storm, 1861
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.