Landscape with a Fisherman
- Additional Title(s):
- Part Of:
- Etching and drypoint, printed from canceled plate on medium, smooth, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 3/4 x 12 5/8 inches (24.8 x 32.1 cm), Plate: 6 x 8 7/8 inches (15.2 x 22.5 cm), and Image: 6 x 8 7/8 inches (15.2 x 22.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "40 | Rur Sketch"
Lettered inside image, lower right: "Whistler | 1861."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Robert N. Whittemore, Yale BS 1943
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | cap | fisherman | grass | harness | landscape | mast | men | shore (landform) | trees | water
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James McNeill Whistler, 1834–1903, American, active in Britain (from 1859), Landscape with a Fisherman, 1861
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.