Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, Comforts of Bath: The Pump Room, 1798
Comforts of Bath: The Pump Room
- Additional Title(s):
Scenes at Bath: The Pump Room
- Watercolor and graphite with pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Mount: 5 5/8 x 8 3/8 inches (14.3 x 21.3 cm) and Sheet: 4 3/4 x 7 7/16 inches (12.1 x 18.9 cm)
Inscribed on verso, on mount in graphite, lower left: "[...]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- clock, grandfather | counter | crutches | doorway | drinking | food | genre subject | hats | interior | men | notices | pump room | sculpture | steeple | wall hangings | wheelchair | windows | women
- Associated Places:
- Bath | Bath and Northeast Somerset | England | Europe | Somerset | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.