IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, A Dead Horse on a Knacker's Cart, undated
A Dead Horse on a Knacker's Cart
- Additional Title(s):
Dead Horse on a Cart
- Watercolor and graphite with pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 3 7/16 x 6 1/16 inches (8.7 x 15.4 cm)
Collector's mark: Thomas Esmond Lowinsky (Lugt 2420a); collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridle | cart | chickens | children | dog (animal) | genre subject | horses (animals) | house | ladder | man | riding crop | wheels | window | woman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.