- The Doctor Overcame
- Watercolor with pen and black ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, blued white laid paper
- Sheet: 4 3/16 x 5 13/16 inches (10.6 x 14.8 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "D855."
Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- chairs | doctors | drinking | drinking vessels | food | genre subject | jug | medicine | men | sleeping | table | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, The Doctor Overcame, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.