- The Preacher
- 1800 to 1810
- Watercolor and graphite with pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 7/8 x 9 3/16 inches (14.9 x 23.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper right: "MH 63/5/25/4"; in graphite, lower center: "G"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- children | church | genre subject | interior | men | pulpit | steps | windows | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, The Preacher, 1800 to 1810
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.