IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, 'Slender Billy' Taking Refreshment, undated
'Slender Billy' Taking Refreshment
- Additional Title(s):
Slender Billy - Travellers Taking Refreshment
- Watercolor with pen and red-brown and gray ink over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 10 3/4 x 8 9/16 inches (27.3 x 21.7 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, lower right: "TEL" collector's stamp
Collector's mark: Thomas Esmond Lowinsky (Lugt 2420a)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apron (main garment) | caricature | carriage | cup | dogs (animals) | genre subject | horse (animal) | man | obese | riding crop | transportation | tree | wheels | woman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Thomas Rowlandson from the Paul Mellon Collection (National Sporting Library and Museum, 2005-04-14 - 2005-06-10) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.