Mr. Drummond's Cottage, East Cowes, Isle of Wight
- between 1797 and 1800
- Watercolor with pen and gray and red-brown ink over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, white, wove paper
- Sheet: 5 3/8 x 18 5/16 inches (13.7 x 46.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "Mr. Drummond's Cottage"; Verso: inscribed in graphite, upper center: "East Cowes"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- baskets | beach | boats | bushes | cottage | dog (animal) | genre subject | people by activity | sails | trees
- Associated Places:
- Cowes | England | Europe | Isle of Wight | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, Mr. Drummond's Cottage, East Cowes, Isle of Wight, between 1797 and 1800
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.