- Additional Title(s):
The Maniac, or Visiting Papa in Bedlam
- Watercolor and graphite with pen and black ink on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- 7 13/16 x 8 13/16 inches (19.8 x 22.4 cm) and 6 13/16 x 7 13/16 inches (17.3 x 19.8 cm)
Inscribed in pen in gray ink, lower left: "Rowlandson 178[7?]"; verso, in graphite, center:"(TG 70/3/27/425) | (PM6110) | Rowlandson, Thomas | The Maniac (Visiting Papa | in Bedlam)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- asylum | children | genre subject | man | medicine | mental illness | nude in art | science | woman
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.