Dr. Syntax Visits a Boarding School for Young Ladies
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor and graphite with pen and black ink and pen and gray ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 1/16 x 8 5/16 inches (12.9 x 21.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and gray ink, lower right:"Rowlandson"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boarding school | elderly | genre subject | ladies | man | sitting | tree | youth
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, Dr. Syntax Visits a Boarding School for Young Ladies, 1821
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.