IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, Richmond Park, undated
- Watercolor and graphite with pen and gray ink and pen and red ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Mount: 8 1/2 x 11 inches (21.6 x 27.9 cm), Sheet: 4 5/8 x 6 3/4 inches (11.7 x 17.1 cm)
Inscribed on mount in graphite, lower center: "Richmond Park"
Signed on mount, in graphite lower right: "T. Rowlandson"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cattle | figures | landscape | park (grounds) | trees
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Ham | London | North Yorkshire | Richmond | Richmond Park | Richmond upon Thames | United Kingdom | Yorkshire
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
John T. Hayes, Rowlandson : watercolours and drawings, Phaidon, London, 1972, pp. 43, 49, fig. 38, NJ18 R79 H39 OVERSIZE (YCBA) [YCBA]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.