Ladies at Tea
- Additional Title(s):
A Tea Party
Verso: Study of a Half-Seated Man (verso)
- between 1790 and 1795
- Watercolor with pen and red-brown and brown ink, over graphite on medium, moderately textured, laid paper with gray wash line border mounted on medium, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- Mount: 7 x 10 5/16 inches (17.8 x 26.2 cm) and Sheet: 5 7/8 x 9 1/16 inches (14.9 x 23 cm)
Inscribed in pen in dark gray ink, lower right: "Would you please to have another Cup of Tea"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- chairs | dresses | fans (costume accessories) | feathers | food | genre subject | hats | man | man | servant | table (support furniture) | tea | tray
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, Ladies at Tea, between 1790 and 1795
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.