Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, Soldiers in St. James Park, undated
Soldiers in St. James Park
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and brown ink, and pen and gray ink on medium, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 5 x 7 1/4 inches (12.7 x 18.4 cm) and Mount: 6 x 8 1/4 inches (15.2 x 21 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper center: "4"
Collector's mark: Letters D and G
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- building | drum (musical instrument) | genre subject | hats | horses (animals) | men | park (grounds) | soldiers | trees | uniforms, military | wall | women
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | Europe | London | St. James's Park | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.