Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, Soldiers in St. James Park, undated
Soldiers in St. James Park
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and brown ink, and pen and gray ink on medium, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- 5 x 7 1/4 inches (12.7 x 18.4 cm) and 6 x 8 1/4 inches (15.2 x 21 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper center: "4"
Collector's mark: Letters D and G
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- building | drum (musical instrument) | genre subject | hats | horses (animals) | men | park (grounds) | soldiers | trees | uniforms, military | wall | women
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | Europe | London | St. James's Park | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.