- Stipple engraving, line engraving and etching on wove paper
- Image: 5 1/8 x 4in. (13 x 10.2cm) and Sheet (Irregular and trimmed within plate-mark): 10 1/4 x 6 1/2in. (26 x 16.5cm)
In graphite, bottom left: "I."; engraved inscriptions: below image, at center "Engraved by E. Scriven"; below "SHAKSPEARE."; below "From the Picture in the Possession of | His Grace the Duke of Buckingham at Stowe."; below "Under the Superintendance of the Society for the Diffusion of Useful Knowledge." and below "London. Published by Charles Knight Ludgate Street, June 1, 1835."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.