- Stipple engraving, line engraving and etching on wove paper
- Image: 5 1/8 x 4in. (13 x 10.2cm) and Sheet: 10 1/4 x 6 1/2in. (26 x 16.5cm)
In graphite, bottom left: "I."; engraved inscriptions: below image, at center "Engraved by E. Scriven"; below "SHAKSPEARE."; below "From the Picture in the Possession of | His Grace the Duke of Buckingham at Stowe."; below "Under the Superintendance of the Society for the Diffusion of Useful Knowledge." and below "London. Published by Charles Knight Ludgate Street, June 1, 1835."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.