Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, The Billiard Room, ca. 1801
The Billiard Room
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Graphite Shading
- ca. 1801
- Watercolor with pen and brown ink over graphite on medium, slightly textured, blued white, wove paper
- Sheet: 4 11/16 x 7 3/4 inches (11.9 x 19.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper center: "Double"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- billiard and pool balls, cues, cue tips, and tables | billiard room | coats | hats | men | sporting art | timer
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.