- Expulsion from Eden
- Brown wash and graphite with pen and brown ink on moderately thick, smooth, beige wove paper mounted on board
- Mount: 7 11/16 x 10 1/4 inches (19.6 x 26 cm), Sheet: 7 5/16 x 9 15/16 inches (18.5 x 25.3 cm), and Image: 4 3/4 x 7 1/2 inches (12 x 19 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "No 2"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Michael D. Coe, Yale MAH 1968
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- expulsion of Adam and Eve from paradise (Genesis 3:22-24) | landscape | man | Old Testament | palm trees | religious and mythological subject | sadness | serpent | sin | travel | trees | walking | woman
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Martin, 1789–1854, British, Expulsion from Eden, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.