IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, A Timber Waggon, ca. 1790
A Timber Waggon
- ca. 1790
- Gray wash and graphite with pen and gray ink on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 4 9/16 x 7 5/16 inches (11.6 x 18.6 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper center: "3"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Rowlandson"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figures | landscape | road | rocks (landforms) | timber | wagon | wheels | woods
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Rowlandson Drawings from the Paul Mellon Collection (Royal Academy of Arts, 1978-03-04 - 1978-05-28) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Rowlandson Drawings from the Paul Mellon Collection (Yale Center for British Art, 1977-11-16 - 1978-01-15) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
John T. Hayes, Rowlandson : watercolours and drawings, Phaidon, London, 1972, p. 167, no. 102, pl. 102, NJ18 R79 H39 OVERSIZE (YCBA) [YCBA]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.