- Norwich Market Place
- Pen and gray-brown ink, and wash over graphite; verso: pen and gray brown ink and wash over graphite on medium, moderately textured, blued white, wove paper
- Sheet: 5 7/16 x 6 7/8 inches (13.8 x 17.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and gray ink, lower right: "Norwich"; in graphite, verso, lower right: "[Rilhes?]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bottle | buildings | chairs | chimneys (architectural elements) | cityscape | dishes | drinking | figures | fireplace | food | genre subject | glasses (drinking glasses) | jug | market (event) | men | pipes (smoking equipment) | smoking | table (support furniture) | town | window | windows | woman
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Norfolk | Norwich | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, Norwich Market Place, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.