IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, Norwich Market Place, undated
Norwich Market Place
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Two Men Drinking by a Fireside
- Pen and gray-brown ink, and wash over graphite; verso: pen and gray brown ink and wash over graphite on medium, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 7/16 x 6 7/8 inches (13.8 x 17.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and gray ink, lower right: "Norwich"; in graphite, verso, lower right: "[Rilhes?]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bottle | buildings | chairs | chimneys (architectural elements) | cityscape | dishes | drinking | figures | fireplace | food | genre subject | glasses (drinking glasses) | jug | market (event) | men | pipes (smoking equipment) | smoking (activity) | table (support furniture) | town | window | windows | woman
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Norfolk | Norwich | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Rowlandson Drawings from the Paul Mellon Collection (Royal Academy of Arts, 1978-03-04 - 1978-05-28) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Rowlandson Drawings from the Paul Mellon Collection (Yale Center for British Art, 1977-11-16 - 1978-01-15) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.