The Bookmaker and his Client outside the Ram Inn, Newmarket
- Watercolor with pen and gray ink over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, blued white, wove paper
- Sheet: 9 7/16 x 7 9/16 inches (24 x 19.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, center: "2 size | B ------"
Signed in pen and gray ink, lower left: "Rowlandson."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buildings | client | dog (animal) | genre subject | hats | horse (animal) | men | paper | writing (processes)
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Newmarket | Suffolk | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, The Bookmaker and his Client outside the Ram Inn, Newmarket, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.