- In the Bay of Salerno, near Vietri
- Black ink, watercolor, and graphite on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper mounted on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 3/8 x 10 1/2 inches (18.7 x 26.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, center: "In the Bay of Salerno, near Vietri | J Smith | D 3006 / John "Warwick" Smith 1749-1831 | c 1780 Also signed on reverse of [...] and [...] 33 | Coll: Henrey S. [...] | LGD"
Collector's mark: Scipio collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Geoffrey and Renée Hartman
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bay (body of water) | cliffs | clouds | evening | landscape | rowboat | tower (building division)
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Italy | Salerno | Salerno, Golfo di | Vietri sul Mare
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Warwick Smith, 1749–1831, British, In the Bay of Salerno, near Vietri, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.