IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, Alterations in the Ale Cellar at Bullstrode, undated
Alterations in the Ale Cellar at Bullstrode
- Watercolor with pen and red-brown ink, over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 3/4 x 9 1/4 inches (14.6 x 23.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink and graphite, lower center: "alterations in the Ale Cellar at Bull Strode -"; in pen and gray ink and graphite, lower right: "Board Wages at Bull Strode"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- alterations | archways | barrels (containers) | cellar | genre subject | jug | ladder | men
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.