- Alterations in the Ale Cellar at Bullstrode
- Watercolor with pen and red-brown ink, over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 5 3/4 x 9 1/4 inches (14.6 x 23.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink and graphite, lower center: "alterations in the Ale Cellar at Bull Strode -"; in pen and gray ink and graphite, lower right: "Board Wages at Bull Strode"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- alterations | archways | barrels (containers) | cellar | genre subject | jug | ladder | men
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, Alterations in the Ale Cellar at Bullstrode, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.