Alterations in the Ale Cellar at Bullstrode
- Watercolor with pen and red-brown ink, over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 5 3/4 x 9 1/4 inches (14.6 x 23.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink and graphite, lower center: "alterations in the Ale Cellar at Bull Strode -"; in pen and gray ink and graphite, lower right: "Board Wages at Bull Strode"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- alterations | archways | barrels (containers) | cellar | genre subject | jug | ladder | men
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, Alterations in the Ale Cellar at Bullstrode, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.