Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, Death Turned Pilot, between 1815 and 1816
Death Turned Pilot
- between 1815 and 1816
- Watercolor with pen and red-brown ink over graphite on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 3/4 x 9 3/8 inches (14.6 x 23.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "52"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- allegory | boats | death | genre subject | hourglass | meteorology | oars | People | sails | science | ships | shipwreck | skeleton | storm | waves, tidal
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.