The Family of Children
- Watercolor with pen and red-brown ink over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 5/16 x 7 1/4 inches (11 x 18.4 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "ANY COMMANDS TODAY or Death paying a charitable Visit"; inscribed on verso in graphite: "48 | 96"; upper center: "14 | 3 | (line) | 42 | 6 | (line) | 48"
watermark: partial, unidentifiable watermark - the numeral "1"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- allegory | chairs | children | crib | curtains | dogs (animals) | doorway | family | family room | fireplace | genre subject | kettle | man | mirror | reading | skeleton | table (support furniture) | toys (recreational artifacts) | women
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, The Family of Children, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.