IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, A Fair in the Country, undated
A Fair in the Country
- Watercolor with pen and red-brown, brown, and gray ink over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 3/8 x 9 5/16 inches (13.7 x 23.7 cm)
Inscribed in red ink, lower left: "LsD", (L.S. Deglatigny - Lugt 1768a); in graphite, verso, center: "The Cattle Fair"; in graphite, verso, lower right: "Hx"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bowls (tableware) | cattle | chairs | children | Containers | county | crowd | donkey | fair | genre subject | horse (animal) | men | outside | pigs | plates (dishes) | women
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Robert Colls, This sporting life : sport and liberty in England, 1760-1960, Oxford University Press, Oxford, U.K., 2020, p. 373, GV706.35 .C65 2020 (LC) YCBA [ORBIS]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.