- The Grave, A Poem, by Robert Blair
- Etching and letterpress bound in full calf with marbled endpapers on moderately thick, slightly textured, laid paper and wove paper
- Binding: 16 1/8 inches (41 cm) and Sheet: 15 3/4 × 12 1/4 inches (40 × 31.1 cm)
Inscribed inside front flyleaf in graphite: "2971 | RZX | Proof Copy ([Fleming] 1250, also with portrait on India | paper & mounted, with smaller margins)
Lettered in gold on spine: "Blair's | Grave | Designs | by | Blake"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- chair | coat | cravat | literary theme | pen | portrait | religious and mythological subject | sitting | The Grave (1743) | vest
- Associated People:
- Blake, William (1757–1827), engraver, artist, and poet
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Prints made by Luigi Schiavonetti, 1765–1810, Italian, The Grave, A Poem, by Robert Blair, 1808
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.