The Grave, A Poem, by Robert Blair
- Part Of:
- Etching and letterpress bound in full calf with marbled endpapers on moderately thick, slightly textured, laid paper and wove paper
- Binding: 16 1/8 inches (41 cm) and Sheet: 15 3/4 × 12 1/4 inches (40 × 31.1 cm)
Inscribed inside front flyleaf in graphite: "2971 | RZX | Proof Copy ([Fleming] 1250, also with portrait on India | paper & mounted, with smaller margins)
Lettered in gold on spine: "Blair's | Grave | Designs | by | Blake"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- chair | coat | cravat | literary theme | pen | portrait | religious and mythological subject | sitting | The Grave (1743) | vest
- Associated People:
- Blake, William (1757–1827), engraver, artist, and poet
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Prints made by Luigi Schiavonetti, 1765–1810, Italian, The Grave, A Poem, by Robert Blair, 1808
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.